Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Saving Money

There was a recent post on another board I visit about being low on funds and such. So I just wanted to talk about what I do to save money. I do all the usual things, but the #1 thing I do that saves our family tons is I use Coupons. Now some might laugh and only picture little old ladies that use them; but really I found this great company (www.thegrocerygame.com) that keeps track of the coupons and monitors store sales, matches them up and tells you what is a good deal. I've been couponing for over 2 years now and I'm still addicted. The savings can be outrageous. I've even gotten free stuff before! Now you tell me where else you can get something for free these days. My cupboards and fridge are always full. We have an upright freezer that is full of goodies, meat, veggies etc. I urge all my ttc buddies to try it out. It's super easy.

Get your coupons every Sunday, clip them and save them everyweek. Get your store list and go shopping. ONLY buy what is on the list as a good deal. That's an important thing to remember-Trust the List. So you buy what is on your List, then your NEEDS at a cheaper store. For me I shop the List at Albertsons, and my needs at Walmart. And let me tell you I'm so stocked up some weeks I don't even need to shop!

So I encourage everyone, short of $ or not, it's always great to save where you can. If any one would like to try it I will send you my email and I can earn a referal from you trying it. Also any ?'s, please ask and I will try my best to explain better.

2 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

Oh I love coupons! We have a budget of $75 a week for the two of us so coupons are a must! I've tried Teri's list before. They're great! Holly always laughs at me when I break out the coupons in the store. But if it weren't for those coupons she wouldn't be able to get that tall latte from Starbucks!

Michelle said...

I LOVE coupons. They are hard to get my hands on though with living overseas. I miss the Sunday paper in the states filled with goody coupons.