Monday, November 10, 2008

DS first trip to ER

So last night I had to take DS to ER. And here's why: he had gotten a glow stick necklace from the $ store yesterday and after a fit of a tantrum he broke it and it started to leak glow stuff. We threw it away and I went about my business. I was trying to get my PJ's on when I hear "MY EYES!!!". Seems he had gotten the thing out of the trash and it had squited into his eyes. I quickly tried to flush out his eyes with water and he just keeps crying that it's burning and hurting. I tied visine but that too didn't work. I quickly called the local Urgent Care and explained to them what happened and asked what should I do and should I bring him there or to Er or what. Well after being put on hold twice they told me to go to ER. We live 15 mins away and the whole way he was a super brave champ. He calmly sat in back seat with a wet cloth over his eyes. We finally get there and he gets out and opens his eyes and in wonder say "Oh I can see". Well I figured we're here we better just make sure there was no harm done. And after 2 hrs he was pronounced fine and we were let out. Hoping that all future trips to ER are as simple and painless as this one turned out to be.

3 comments:

twondra said...

Wow. That has to be scary. Glad he's okay

2momswithaplan said...

Whew! Well I'm happy to hear everything turned out ok!

onemorebaby said...

Oh, so glad he is okay!!!