Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Out of the mouth of Babes

As I've said our DS is adopted, and he knows this. Although at 5 he doesn't understand the why's of it yet. He has asked questions like why was I in Aunt Dana's belly? Why did I not stay her baby? In the past these have caught me off guard, mostly b/c he's so darn smart and is putting 2 & 2 together before I'm ready for him to. To date I tell him that he was in her belly b/c that's where God put him, he's our baby b/c God and Aunt Dana JUST KNEW he was meant to be ours. Once he did ask "So Aunt Dana is my other mom, I have 2 moms?" First off let me explain we have Never referred to her as BirthMother, per her request and comfort so I quickly stumbled out a yes and tried to explain that age appropriately.

Anywho, what I really meant to talk about was that last night while tucking him into bed he says he wants to read his "being borned book", a photo album of Aunt Dana, his other siblings, his birth pics and baby pics since then of him with us. He then looks at me and says "why was I in Aunt Dana's belly" and "when will you have a baby in your belly"? These questions yesterday about brought me to my knees. Of all the days for these questions it just had to be yesterday. It instantly brought tears to my eyes and I mumbled some comment and he says "it must take a long time to get pregnant huh?"

Yes dear unfortunately longer for some than others. :(

3 comments:

Tina said...

Where are you from? Email me directly if you like.. Tina

tmgalletti @ Yahoo.com

twondra said...

Glad you started blogging! I wanted to say how sorry I am about your m/c. I was devastated to hear that. Know that I'm thinking of you! (((HUGS)))

2momswithaplan said...

Hello - it's rharris80 from NW. This post made me cry because I can hear the pain in your words and the curiousity in his words. Its interesting to see how kids work through things. I think they are smarter than we give them credit for. I hope your day is better then yesterday and tomorrow is better then today.