Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doctor P.e.n.n.y

Well here's how it went: I showed up a little early (I always do), filled out some paperwork and waited; but not too long. I was called into the back fairly quick. A nurse asked me some more questions then took by blood pressure, weight and height then showed me into the room where I expected to wait FOREVER! But I didn't, not even 5 mins, I'm liking this place every second. The dr. penny jr was really nice and I liked him immediately. After but 2 mins he suggested I work with his dad which is what I was hoping for anyways since he deals with AI. I met Penny Sr, he seemed nice but wasn't quite what I was expecting. I'm hoping that I warm up to him when the time comes. Anyways, introductions in the hall and then ushered over to his receptionist for more paperwork. Unfortunately this guy likes to review medical records before any visits occur!!!! Bummer for me. So this morning I'm trying to track down my hit and miss records that are spread all over the U.S. The way things go I probably won't be back until March or so; and then if he wants to do any testing first it'll be April or later before I even do a Dr assisted AI. :(

When I asked the receptionist if she knew the best way to find out what is/isn't covered by insurance she said "well if he diagnosises you infertile that first visit, then most insur doesn't cover after that". Why she would jump right to infertile was beyond me, and second how could he diagnose that after just 1 visit? I just hate it when Dr's/offices jump to the wrong conclusion, where we all know that once that dreaded word is even mentioned it can wreak havoc.

So not a very good apt overall, serves me right for dragging my feet. I should have followed up with this when I said I was way back in November.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Darn I wish you could have made your appointment with Sr right off the bat. Jr is just an OB and he really is great Im going to be going to Cutting this time around. Email me your email and I will add you to my surro blog. Hang in there its all going to work out...:)I would love to get together