Sunday, April 19, 2009

Insurance arghh

I am really beginning to understand the frustrations with insurance. I've been checking my EOB's online, patiently waiting to see that the ultrasounds I paid for would be covered 100% and I'd get a credit. I mean that's what my benefits read: diagnostic ultrasounds are covered. So what's the problem? Also, even though the first Dr's visit was listed the same it was listed "in network" and only a copay was required. Well all others since then are listed as full payment required by me??? I do know the Dr's office recently switched who does their billing and perhaps things were miss coded or something, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Here's a insurance ? for those with more knowledge on how these things work: in January I saw a chiropractor and paid full price as those services aren't covered until deductible is met. So anyways the EOB's list his charges submitted to insurance, then they deducted "in Network savings" and list the reduced price as what I should owe Dr. My question is: does that mean I have a credit at the chiropractor's b/c they charged me full price rather than the "in network price"? It's a difference of about $50.

1 comment:

twondra said...

I don't know the answer but I know how frustrating insurance can be....oh, do I know. I'm thinking of you. (((HUGS)))