Friday, January 23, 2009

Dr visit

Ok so I finally made it to the Doctors today. I randomly picked one out of the phone book, but at that point I really didn't care. She's a NP, but I tend to like them more than the actual MD. Anyways, she listened to all my concerns and didn't seem to bat an eye when I told her we were trying to get pg with Frozen sperm. Which was good b/c if she'd made me feel uncomfortable about that I would have had to start all over with finding a new doc. I don't do well when I don't feel comfortable with them, I simply stop going to them.

So she thinks my back problems are coming more from my tense muscles rather than my back. I agree since the pain is coming more from the right side of my back vs center. She gave me a script for muscle relaxers, hoping that helps.

As far as my head she's not sure if I'm getting allergies from something at work or if I'm just picking up every germ around. She recommended I take Claritin for a cpl of weeks to see if it helps. I took 1 tonight and we'll see how it goes.

I got her to write an order for hsg/prog test so that IF I get a +hpt next weekend I can go in for testing. So that's good, but she was kinda clueless when I mentioned that if prog low that progesterone suppositories can work. I was hoping she'd write a script but she wasn't comfortable with that. But she referred me to the OB's (Dr Penny) for "multiple m/c" and that's on Feb 2, So if I have + hpt then ob visit would be right after and if there's a problem with prog #'s I should be able to get a script then.

A whole lot of IF's I know but at least it's progress and a semi-plan.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Did you see Stephanie? You will ove the Dr Penny Sr. he is great I saw his son for my surrogacy pg and Dr cutting delivered I will be using him this time with my next surrogacy They are agreat clinic..Good Luck

twondra said...

I hope things all work out, sweetie. I'm thinking about you!!

Tina said...

I dont mind winter either but I am so ready for it to warm up and go to Silverwood :)