Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nerve wracking Dr apt

I had my first "official" OB apt on Tuesday. It started off ok with just the basic pee in a cup, blood pressure and some questions. The N.P was very nice and we moved right into trying to find the heartbeat. I'm still not feeling pg and told her so and with my history or m/c she understood. She tried for almost 5 mins trying to find the heartbeat with that little doppler thing. And the whole time I'm thinking *see there's a reason I don't feel pg*. She was very nice and reasurred me that that doesn't mean there's no baby, and was able to get my Dr P to do an Ultrasound! Baby was found right where it should be. I was hoping for a better pic, but still ended up with an alien shot, oh well maybe next time. lol

As I'd said before there has been a very unfortunate mix up with my coding with insurance. They put the dreaded *I* word in my code, which I'm not; so I was able to talk to the billing lady and hopefully get most of that straightened out. Looks like I'm stuck paying for the 2 ultrasounds at the time of the IUI, but everything else should be taken care of and hopfully no more stress over that.

I go back to Dr on the 29th. They want to hear the heartbeat before they set me up for the every 4wk apts. There are 3 Dr's and 1 midwife, so I am cycling through them since you never know who you'll get at delivery. I finally told my managers at work. They are super excited, and luckily no questions yet on afterwards if I'm sticking around or not. At this point I'm not sure if I'll be able to work. We told Ds that night also. I tried being all serious and told him the Dr said I had an alien growing inside me. He just looked at me with an amazed look in his eye and said *No sir mom, you're just pregnant!" He seems very excited and we talked about how long it would take to have our baby, and that he can't rough house with me anymore. I let him take one of the new ultrasound pics to school and he told his whole class.

No comments: